ncmarketing Jul/ 3/ 2019 | 0
Nowadays DevOps services are not just an improvement but often a necessity for IT business growth. You might implement it on your own or contact DevOps Service Providers who will help you. First of all, let’s describe DevOps-as-a-Service to better understand what can you get from it.
What are DevOps services?
DevOps is an approach to software development that combines the Development (Dev) and Operations (Ops) components. Usually, it works like a collaboration between Devs and Ops teams. This approach gives great flexibility to all systems because of processes automatization and communication between teams.
How it works and why do you need it?
DevOps will help you reduce expenses on IT services, increase the frequency of new features realization, accelerate time to market and improve the reliability of your IT services.
DevOps philosophy based on next principles:
- Continuous Integration (CI) – there is a main shared repository in which developers automatically merge their blocks of code (once they pass the automated unit and integrity tests) to have the ability to always work with the actual code version. This is called Continuous Integration and it is one of the most important things in DevOps methodology.
- Continuous Testing – for CI you need to automatize the testing process. Developers write code and after passing the tests, it will be pushed to the main repository. Thus you need a high-quality automated unit and integrity testing on each step.
- Continuous Deployment – this is an automated process of software delivery. Validated features can be immediately delivered to the end-users after successfully passing the tests. This process dramatically increases the speed of new releases.
- Continuous Monitoring – of course, all these processes need fulltime-monitoring and cloud logging. It allows to track all changes, find errors and bugs, and fix them quickly. At the same time, you get feedback from customers and end-users. That helps to understand the way for further development.
What does the DevOps team do?
If you’ll hire a DevOps outsourcing team, you start to work with DevOps lifecycle in your project. The project lifecycle with a DevOps approach is based on the principles described above and has the following form:
- Plan – on this stage you formulate what your future software (or new feature) will do.
- Develop & Test – after the planning, the development process starts. This stage also includes testing because in DevOps philosophy these are intertwined processes.
- Integration & Deployment – on this stage your product integrates with new functionality and deploys into cloud infrastructure.
- Monitoring – collecting reviews from customers and/or end-users for further planning and development.
All these stages are repeated during the project’s lifecycle. As a result, we have a reliable system of development that allows making software quickly and efficiently while taking the customer’s wishes into account.
Conclusion: how to choose a DevOps Service Provider?
If you decide to implement DevOps services to your company through a third-party provider, you should choose carefully. Ask the provider about work stages, their previous experience, and successful solutions. Try to find feedback from previous customers directly. As a result, when you’ll find a reliable DevOps Services Provider, you can trust them and their experience. A good provider will discuss with you implementation methods and will explain the best solution for your case.